With the kind of active lifestyle and demanding schedule that we have, there are days when we don’t have the luxury of time to prepare a good meal for the family. Sometimes, we are too pre-occupied with our daily work and excessively tired with the different tasks and roles we portrayed the whole day forcing us to serve our family a quick filling meal, prepared and cooked in less than five minutes.
Bounty Fresh, the award-winning makers of innovative, quality chicken products introduced Top Torikatsu, the first and latest in a line of a delicious heat-and-eat items made especially for those who hardly have time to prepare a good meal.
Top Torikatsu is made out of 100% chicken breasts coated in breadcrumbs and comes in Classic and Cheese & flavors.Two delish flavors of Bounty Fresh Top Torikatsu:
Classic – 100% chicken breast meat topped with tasty mayonnaise, coated in golden crispy crumbs.
Cheese and Chives – 100% chicken breast meat topped with creamy cheese and chive sauce, coated in golden crispy crumbs.
Three ways to cook Top Torikatsu:
1. Shallow Frying
- Pour 1 cup (250ml) of cooking oil in the frying pan. Place on medium heat until oil reaches cooking temperature (170/180C).
- Carefully place two or three pieces of frozen breaded katsu in the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, turning once until product is golden brown.
- Remove product from the pan and allow excess oil to drain. Serve hot.
2. Deep Frying
- Pour oil into the deep fat fryer at maximum level.
- Pre-heat fryer to 180C.
- Carefully place breaded katsu into the frying basket.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove product and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot.
- Place 3 pieces of breaded katsu into turbo broiler rack.
- Set temperature of turbo broiler into 175C and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Carefully turn once and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Remove katsu from the turbo.
- Serve hot.
I have only tried the first method of cooking Top Torikatsu. And, I love how crisp it is when served hot. The mayonnaise, cheese and chive sauce topped on it give the product a different taste making it distinct to others. Between the two flavors, the cheese and chives is more palatable to my taste. I recommend this to those who are always on-the-go and don’t have much time to cook , most especially during breakfast. This will definitely be a part of my weekly grocery list.
Top Torikatsu is available at P179.00 per 450-gram pack at major supermarkets.