I have been a frequent shopper of Sta. Lucia Mall since my grade school days. It was the first shopping complex nearest my residence back in 1991. It’s strategically located in the east and catered to the communities of Pasig, Marikina, Cainta and Antipolo. Sta. Lucia Mall started with just one building and eventually expanded over the years with its buildings 2 and 3. The building 3 is also known as the Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall.
Now, Sta. Lucia Mall is set to diversify everyone’s shopping experience with its fourth and newest building – iL CENTRO. The two-level expansion mall is envisioned to be the upscale shopping mall for the growing needs of the middle class living and working in the area. And, here you can find the only ice skating rink east of Manila.
No need to go to other malls for an ice skating experience and save yourself from congested traffic as Sta. Lucia Mall brings back the Ice Skating Rink that
we all missed. Who still remember the first ice skating rink in the east? Raise your hand. Yey!
iL CENTRO Ice Skating Rink was opened last September 12. Just manage your expectations since this is not as huge as it was in SLE Grand Mall years ago.
iL CENTRO Ice Skating Rink Ticket Rates:
P100.00 – 30 minutes
P180.00 – 1 hour
P250.00 – unlimited ice time (applicable only from Monday to Thursday)
The ice rink crews and trainers are willing to assist new skaters.
Penguin skating aids are available to help beginners balance.
Different sizes of ice skates for boys and girls
Shoe rack and changing area
1. For your safety, we recommend the proper outfit for skating:
– Hand gloves
– Long pants
– Leg warmers (if not wearing long pants)- Correct size of skate booths
2. Only up to two people together may be allowed to skate. Skating in group is not advisable.
3. Skate following the flow of traffic and not against it.
4. Figure skating manuevers such as arabesque, camel spin and other high-risk manuevers are not allowed during public sessions.
5. Excessive speeding and weaving through other skaters are strictly prohibited.
6. Coned areas are for designated skaters only. We request that you stay out of these areas.
7. Skaters are advised not to wear accessories especially loose necklace/bracelet or other pieces of jewelry. It is also not advisable to carry coins in clothes’ pockets.
8. Sitting on, climbing at and hitting/kicking of dasher boards are strictly prohibited.
9. No picture taking or video recording is allowed inside the rink.
10. Food and drinks are not allowed inside the rink.
11. Pets of any kind are not allowed inside the rink.
12. The management has the right to to refuse entry of anyone who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or any intoxicating substance. In the same manner, skaters who display disruptive and unsafe behavior will be asked to leave the rink without refund.
13. The management is not responsible for the loss and damage to any personal property left unattended.
14. The management will not be held responsible for any injury caused by accidents arising from non-compliance to house rules.
What are you waiting for, visit iL CENTRO from 10am to 9pm daily and set the ice on fire plus enjoy big discounts from the newly opened stores.
For more information, you may visit the following:
Sta. Lucia Mall FB page: https://www.facebook.com/staluciamall
UPDATE: As of my last visit, the iL Centro Ice Skating Rink is already pulled-out from Sta. Lucia Mall.