Jollibee, the country’s leading fast-food chain, gave due recognition and honor to exemplary Filipino families at the Jollibee Family Values Awards (JFVA) Gabi ng Parangal Para sa Pamilyang Pilipino. The event, which celebrated the 5th milestone year of the campaign, was held at the Philippine International Convention Center.
Advocacies—ranging from uniting and protecting the rights of ethnic tribes, to creating dialogue for peace between religions, and empowering persons with disability (PWDs)—were showcased, highlighting the winning families’ selflessness to help their fellowmen and communities.
Six families, among hundreds from all over the nation—Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao as well as the United States—that continue to live out the very values that distinguish Filipinos from the rest of the world, were recognized.
The top six exemplary families for 2015 were the following:
- Mr. Carlito and Mrs. Iril Domulot and family of Botolan, Zambales (solidifying unity of Aeta tribes)
- Mr. Dante and Mrs. Elna Tiosan and family of Cainta, Rizal (employment for PWDs)
- Mr. Nathaniel and Mrs. Amina Mambuay and family of Opol, Misamis Oriental (unification project between Muslim and Christian faiths)
- Mr. Emerito and Mrs. Voleta Rojas and family of Quezon City (capacity building and empowerment for PWDs); and
- Mr. Alfredo and Mrs. Ma. Janette Peña and family of Dasmariñas, Cavite (raising public and professional awareness on autism)
- Mr. George and Mrs. Melinda Gange and family of San Jose, California, USA (music literacy for the Filipino youth) were hailed as the Jollibee-Cola-Cola Global Pinoy Family of the Year.
Special citations were also conferred to families who pursue specific advocacies: Special Citation for Education (co-presented by National Bookstore) – Capilos family of Quezon City for holding free trainings for public school teachers and students; Special Citation for Environment (co-presented by Landbank) – Basa family of Capiz for their disaster preparedness public service; Special Citation for Children (co-presented by Children’s Hour and San Miguel-Purefoods) – Ramirez family of Quezon City for creating free toy libraries; Special Citation for PWDs (co-presented by the National Council on Disability Affairs) – Mendoza family of Palawan for holding free clinics and Special Olympics for PWDs; and Special Citation for Minority Groups (co-presented by Kalipunan ng mga Katutubong Mamamayan ng Pilipinas – Katribu) – Catanghal family of Pasig for providing holistic development for the Mangyan tribes.
The six top winning families each received a cash prize of P300,000, a trophy designed by renowned sculptor Michael Cacnio, and P10,000 worth of Jollibee gift certificates. The special citation recipients each took home P50,000 cash, a plaque, and P5,000 worth of Jollibee gift certificates.
Jollibee Philippines president Joseph Tanbuntiong lauded the winners for helping uplift the lives of other people. “These new winners are a testament to the contributions of Filipino families in making a difference in the lives of other people, not only by becoming shining examples of hope and optimism, but also fostering unity and cooperation and more importantly, empowering other families to become self-sufficient.”
Gawad Kalinga founder and chairman, Antonio “Tony” Meloto commended Jollibee for promoting family values as they are essential for nation-building. “I believe that this is one of the most important recognitions, when we highlight the foundation of a strong nation that we’ve built with strong family values, strong community values, and strong values as a nation,” Meloto said during his keynote speech.
• Mr. Carlito and Mrs. Iril Domulot and family of Botolan, Zambales (solidifying unity of Aeta tribes)
• Mr. Dante and Mrs. Elna Tiosan and family of Cainta, Rizal (employment for PWDs)
• Mr. Nathaniel and Mrs. Amina Mambuay and family of Opol, Misamis Oriental (non-violent communication and peace)
• Mr. Emerito and Mrs. Voleta Rojas and family of Quezon City (capacity building and empowerment for PWDs)
• Mr. Alfredo and Mrs. Ma. Janette Peña and family of Dasmariñas, Cavite (raising public and professional awareness on autism)
Jollibee-Coca-Cola Global Family of the Year
• Mr. George and Mrs. Melinda Gange and family of San Jose, California, USA (music literacy for the Filipino youth)
• Mr. Jelson and Mrs. Hyacinth Capilos and family of Quezon City (Education)
• Mr. Rommel and Mrs. Analy Basa and family of Roxas City, Capiz (Environment)
• Mr. Edsel and Jennifer Rose Ramirez and family of Quezon City (Children)
• Mr. Matthew and Angeli Natasha and family of Puerto Princesa, Palawan (PWDs)
• Mr. Ernie and Mrs. Rosalie Catanghal and family of Pasig City (Minority Groups)
The 5th Jollibee Family Values Awards is made possible with the support of major sponsor Coca-Cola, official airline partner Cebu Pacific, official hotel partners Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn, and media partner The Philippine Star. Other sponsors include SM Cyberzone, BusinessWorld, Inewvation, LG, Hunt’s Tomato Sauce, Great Taste, Magic Crackers and Cream-O. Citation partners include National Bookstore, Landbank, San Miguel-Purefoods, Children’s Hour, National Council on Disability Affairs (NCDA) and Kalipunan ng mga Katutubong Mamamayan ng Pilipinas – KATRIBU.