As I’ve mentioned in this blogpost, I attended the Maybelline Make It Happen Launch at Whitespace Makati few months back where they showcased their new products. Being a self-confessed make-up junkie, I was totally stunned with the new range of products that they launched from liquid and powder foundation to mascara and eyeliners down to my favorite make up product to hoard – the lipsticks. And as promised, I’ll be reviewing each product that was given during the event so without further ado, here’s my review of Maybelline Creamy Mattes.
Truth be told, I’m not fond of matte lipsticks as I have naturally dry lips. In a matter of minutes matte lipstick products suck all the moisture on my lips making it so dry, sometimes even painfully dry. Hence, giving me an uneasy feeling. But, to my surprise this line from Maybelline is quite different from other mattes that I’ve used. It’s so creamy though it still finishes matte.
Maybelline Creamy Mattes by Color Sensational comes in creamy texture and delivers a burst of bold color even in just one swipe. It’s ultra-pigmented with nourishing honey nectar ingredient and available in 10 shades here in the Philippines.
Where to buy: all leading department stores nationwide, Watsons
It is housed in a plastic silver tube with frosted matte cap and looks sturdy enough given its price point.
Formulation, Pigmentation and Longevity
These babies got the right formulation. They are matte but have this creamy, buttery, soft texture that glides on the lips really well and surprisingly doesn’t dry it out. The formula is lightweight, hence, not heavy on the lips. Application is easy since there’s no tugging. It’s highly pigmented and gives a good color pay off with just one swipe. It’s buildable and looks so nice on the lips when worn.
Longevity-wise, the color can last for a good five hours. After which, you have to retouch, most especially when you eat oily food.
Maybelline Creamy Mattes Shades and Swatches
I was given three shades among the 10 available colors – Touch of Spice, Divine Wine and Vibrant Violet.
Touch of Spice
– Touch of Spice is a muted, rosey-mauve shade loved by many. This can pass as “MLBB” shade for some. To those who are in search for nude lipsticks, this is a great choice. No wonder, why this shade was always out of stock in Maybelline counters during its first release.
Maybelline Touch of Spice Creamy Matte Lipstick
– Divine Wine lives up to its name as it is dark wine in color and the darkest shade in the collection. If you want to channel a perfect vampy deep red with a hint of plum this is the perfect shade to go ideal for night outs and evening affairs.
Maybelline Divine Wine Creamy Matte Lipstick
Vibrant Violet is a semi-shocking purple with pink undertones. This bright shade once worn will definitely live a statement.
Maybelline Vibrant Violet Creamy Matte Lipstick
What I Love About Maybelline Creamy Mattes Lipstick:
- I love that it has a creamy consistency that’s why the color is applied evenly.
- For a matte lipstick, I love it’s formulation because unlike other matte lippies that I tried, this doesn’t make my lips super dry.
- Given that it’s matte, it is still very comfortable to wear.
- It’s ultra-pigmented. One swipe looks great already.
- Great color selection. Shades range from nudes to dark and all are wearable colors.
- It’s affordable.
I Wish Maybelline Creamy Mattes Lipstick:
- does not leave a stain on the lips
Overall, I love this line from Maybelline. It’s having the best of both worlds – you get a matte finish with creamy texture. Hence, your lips are still moisturized while wearing it. I highly recommend this to all the ladies out there who are looking for not too drying matte lipsticks.
How about you lovelies, have you tried this Maybelline Creamy Mattes Lipstick? Which shade is your favorite? Share your thoughts on the comment section below.