Finally, I got my hands on Maybelline’s most-coveted foundation – the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation. Watching my favorite international Youtubers rave about this countless time made me more excited to grab a bottle and test if it will also work for me.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation Review
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation mattifies and refines pores and leaves a natural and seamless finish. This is ideal for normal to oily skin. Its exclusive formula with micropowders controls shine and blurs pores.
It comes in a glass bottle with black cap. The packaging looks luxe, however, it doesn’t come with a pump so it’s kinda bit of a struggle to use it. The manufacturing date was listed on the bottle as well as the list of ingredients.
10 shades are released here in the Philippines to match the Filipina skintone.
I’ve got the shade 120 Classic Ivory. I’m not sure if this is really the perfect shade for me since I was in a hurry when I purchased this.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation in Classic Ivory Swatches:
- Prep your face. Put moisturizer most especially when you have dry patches so the foundation won’t cling on it.
- If you have oily skin, it’s best to use a mattifying primer and set your face with setting powder after liquid foundation and concealer application.
- You may use a damp sponge for a more seamless finish.
- Set your face with setting powder to seal the foundation.
What I love?
- feels lightweight
- easy to blend whether you use a sponge or brush
- looks more natural and doesn’t look flat
- skin looks more hydrated
- doesn’t accentuate my facial lines
- dries into powder-matte but not too matte
- doesn’t crease
- has a wider shade collection
- no harsh scent
- good for all skin types
What I don’t like?
- doesn’t cover my dark under eye circles, veins and hyper-pigmentation
- there’s no pump to properly dispense the product
- not that long-lasting
- after 3 hours, my t-zone started to oil up
Upon application, I noticed that it applies smoothly and sets to a silky powder matte finish. It evens out my redness but it doesn’t cover my dark spots. The foundation looks natural on my face and doesn’t oxidize. You just have to blot your T-zone area after 3-4 hours, then your face make up looks ok again.
Overall, I’m still impressed with this foundation. For its price point, the coverage and the finish it gives are great. You don’t need to shell out too much cash to achieve that seamless healthy look.
Have you tried this foundation? If yes, care to share if it worked for you as well.