There is still a lot we need to learn about the Covid 19 virus. What we do know is that the virus is spread through droplets which can enter our system through the nose, mouth, and eyes. Thus the need for protective equipment like face masks, shields, and googles. With the eyes being a possible entry point for the virus, some people are now a bit hesitant to wear contact lenses. But is there really a cause for concern?
At present there is no scientific evidence that wearing contact lenses increases your risk of contracting Covid 19 compared to wearing eye glasses. One must always remember that hygiene and sanitation are your best defense against the virus. Thus, when it comes to eyewear it is important to make sure that your hands are disinfected before touching your eyes. Suffice to say, there is no reason for you to stop wearing your contact lenses in a Covid 19 environment. It may even be a more practical option vs. eyeglasses here is why:
1. It minimizes hand to eye or face contact as you put it on in the morning and remove it at night. In the case of eyeglasses you are prone to put it on and take it off several times in a day.
2. Contact lenses gives you a clearer and less obstructed view when wearing face shields or PPEs. Eye glasses can actually be a hindrance when one is wearing a face shield or goggles.
3. Opting for contact lenses mean one less accessory to wear. Accessories can be a breeding ground for the virus and are discouraged. Although contact lenses are quite secure when worn, one must make sure that they are placed in a safe and sanitized environment when not in use.
Contact lenses are readily available in drugstores, optical shops, and even online. You can even choose from different lenses to fit your needs.
Air Optix is a good option for those who want long lasting lenses. These are contact lenses that can be used for a month because it has a high level of oxygen. They are also easy and comfortable to use for daily activities and is good for 18 to 20 hours. Just make sure that you clean them before and after use. Hydrogen Peroxide based cleansers like Aosept Plus with HydraGlyde can help protect against Covid 19 with it’s triple action cleaning.
Dailies are fit for those who prefer disposable lenses. These are one day contact lenses that you can dispose of after use. If you are an occasional contact lenses wearer, these are best for you. Technically, these are more hygienic to use during this time and good for 16 hours or more. No need for cleaning solutions and cleansing routine.
Freshlook Colorblends monthly contact lenses blend with the natural color of the eyes because of its 3-in-1 technology. This is best for daily contact lenses wearers and are good to use for 8 to 10 hours a day.
Freshlook One-Day Color contact lenses are daily disposable lenses that you can use if you want to change your eye color for a special event or occasion.
Colored contact lenses like Freshlook one day color, Colorblends and Air Optix Colors are perfect for those who want to freshen their looks from time to time. Air Optix Colors is available in 12 colors that can dramatically change your looks.
How to properly clean your contact lenses case:
- Use your multi-purpose solution to clean your contact lenses case.
- Use a tissue to wipe it dry.
Pristine Clean Contact Lenses
AOSEPT Plus with HydraGlide lens care solution features the Hydraglide Moisture Matrix. This has an added strength of hydrogen peroxide and is suitable for all types of lenses.
Triple Action Cleaning:
– deeply cleans lenses
– carries away deposits and debris
– lifts away protein
How to use the AOSEPT Plus HydraGlyde:
– Rinse the contact lenses for 5 seconds inside the case.
– Then, fill the lens case with the solution until it reaches the line.
– You’ll notice that there’s bubbling and fizzing sound. This is like your contact lenses’ washing machine.
– Do not open up until 6 hours.
– Do not shake.
– After 6 hours, you may now get your lenses and use it.
– You can keep your lenses inside the case with the solution after a week. Just make sure that you didn’t open it.
– The 360 ml bottle of the AOSEPT solution is good for 100 uses.
Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops can be used for the eyes with or without contact lenses.
Have you decided on which contact lenses to wear? It doesn’t matter if you go for daily or monthly lenses, these contact lenses make it easy and convenient for you to enjoy better vision amidst Covid 19. Just remember that proper hygiene, handwashing, and disinfection is your best protection against Covid 19. So keep your lenses clean and safe before and after use.