To all my relatives, friends and readers who hire taxis for transportation most especially this Christmas season, I hope these guidelines issued by the Philippine National Police (PNP) will be a great reminder for all of us to be aware of the do’s and don’ts that we should practice when riding a cab for our own safety.
First things first, take note of the taxi’s name, plate number and taxi number.
Do’s issued by PNP while in a taxi:
1. Let your family and friends know the information about the taxi.
2. Always make it a point to text or call friends and family members about the name and plate number of the taxi you are riding. (Plate number of the taxi is also written on the left side of the car seat together with the taxi name.)
3. If something seems wrong, get off the taxi. (Be mindful of your surrounding, most especially the behavior of the taxi driver.)
4. Stick to your routes. Be wary of so called short cuts.
Don’ts issued by PNP while in a taxi:
1. Avoid sleeping inside the taxi.
2. Do not giveaway too much information about yourself.
Please remember these guidelines and try your best to be alert at all times.